Pack Size: 5
Active Ingredients: 0.48g/kg Fipronil
APITHOR is a simple and successful way to save your hives from the damaging effects of the hive beetle. This single-use, disposable device controls the beetles, without harming you, your bees, or your honey.
- Rigid plastic design that fits on the hive bottom board to ensure beetles enter the harbourage.
- Tamper-resistant for added safety.
- Precise size opening that allows beetles to enter while excluding bees.
- Insecticide impregnated cardboard in harbourage is set back from the openings to ensure bees cannot make any contact.
- Compatible with silicone adhesives.
- Dispose of used Harbourages by wrapping in paper, placing in a plastic bag and place in a garbage bin.
- No user access to the insecticide-treated insert for added safety.
- Can be used for three months in the hive.
- Highly effective in independent trials conducted by Industry & Investment NSW | Primary Industries
- No residues in honey as confirmed in trials performed in accord with the APVMA Guideline # 28 - Residues in honey.
HOW APITHOR WORKS
The APITHOR Hive Beetle Harbourage is a novel invention designed as a single-use, disposable device that can be easily inserted and removed from standard hives without the need to open or dismantle hives. It is actively sought out by the target pest without the need to include attractants or baits. Some of the key attributes of the device are:
- Two-piece rigid plastic design
- Tamperproof after assembly (ultrasonic weld or glue)
- Precise size openings that allow beetles in but exclude bees
- Protective of C-flute cardboard insert
- Cardboard insert set back from openings to prevent contact by bees' mouthparts
- Compatible with silicone adhesives
- Disposable in household garbage
- No user access to the insecticide-treated insert
- Long shelf-life and time-in-service.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
ACT, NSW, QLD, WA & VIC Only
Do not use in hives with perforated bottom boards.
Do not use in hives subject to water inundation.
Do not open or remove the insert from the harbourage device.
Situation - Honey bee hives
Pest - Small Hive Beetle (Aethina tumida)
Rate - 1 device per hive
Pickups are available with prior arrangements only, please contact us before you come to the warehouse for pick up.
For residential deliveries we request an authority to leave goods in a safe place if customers aren't at home, so a re-delivery fee isn't incurred. To avoid any issues with delivery it is advised to specify a business address.
|ORDER VALUE||FREIGHT COST - AU||FREIGHT COST - NZ|
|$1 - $150||$14.95||$15.95* (up to 2kg only)|
|>$150||FREE SHIPPING*||**Contact us for pricing**|
*Some POSTCODES in TAS, WA, NT, SA may incur additonal Freight costs.
- Dispatch of goods is arranged through GO Warehouse
- Bulk items or Delivery to remote parts of Australia (TAS, WA, NT, SA) may incur additional delivery cost
- Shipping to NZ can be made for up to 2 kg at a flat rate. More than 2kg we will quote the freight for each order.
- Contact us prior for shipment of chemicals and goods classified as Dangerous - which may require special delivery arrangement & additional postage
- Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery, although in most cases delivery is within 1-3 days.
- No weekend or after hours delivery available unless requested.
- GO Warehouse is not directly liable for any loss, theft, or damage to any goods during the transit.
- Replacements or repairs of items are sent by prepaid postage.
- If problems do arise, please contact us, and we will endeavour to resolve any issues.
- Large parcels won't be processed to delivery in PO BOX address
- All parcels with be delivered with standard Road freight and authority to leave at premises unless otherwise specified.
Shipping & Delivery
- Please see the above for shipping costs or contact us for further quote.
- PICK-UPS ARE AVAILABLE with prior arrangements only! Please contact us before you come to warehouse pick up.
- Item will not ship until payment has been received in full.