Brand: Bell Laboratories
Type: Bait Blocks
Active Ingredients: 0.05g/kg Bromadiolone
Mixing Rate: Ready to Use
Application Rate: RATS 1-2 blocks per placement or bait station, MICE 2-8 blocks per bait station.
Sizes: 1.8kg, 8kg
1.8kg - Contains 64 Blocks
8kg - Contains 285 Blocks
Ready to use – fast acting Contrac Blox Rat Bait for use in and around homes, agricultural, commercial and industrial buildings. A true block rat bait containing the anti-coagulant rat bait bromadiolone.
Contrac Blox is a single-feeding anticoagulant rodenticide containing the active ingredient, Bromadiolone. It is an excellent clean-out and maintenance bait to control mice and rats, including warfarin-resistant Norway rats.
Contrac Blox is specially formulated with an optimal blend of food-grade ingredients and a small amount of paraffin. The result is a highly palatable, yet weatherable, bait that works well in wet and dry conditions.
Bait acceptance with Contrac is superior due to its highly palatable formulation. Plus, manufactured with Bell's extrusion process, Contrac Blox has multiple edges that appeal to a rodent's desire to gnaw. Rodents can consume a lethal dose in just one feeding.
Bait shyness is not a problem with Contrac because mortality occurs a few days after bait is consumed. Contrac is also less toxic to non-target animals, in both primary and secondary poisoning situations, than other single-feeding anticoagulants. The antidote, Vitamin K1, is readily available and there is a time factor for treatment.
For ease of use, the pre-measured 28g BLOX has a hole in the center which lets technicians place it on bait securing rods in tamper-resistant bait stations. It can also be nailed or wired to rafters and ceilings or placed in tight locations.
Most suitable for controlling rats, but is also effective against mice. Place Contrac Blox Rat Bait in rat bait station and observe rat bait take. Replace blocks that become more than 50% eaten to minimise the chance of blocks being removed from rat bait stations. Maintain the supply of Contrac Blox Rat Bait until rat bait is no longer eaten.
Where continuous control is required, maintain a steady supply of blocks, replacing uneaten Contrac Blox Rat Bait at monthly intervals to ensure rat bait remains fresh. Unlike egg-shaped rat baits, Contrac Blox Rat Bait cannot be rolled away and are manufactured with a hole in the middle so they can be easily nailed down to prevent ‘stealing and burying away from the site’
Follow these basic tips when carrying out your pest control programme to ensure you get maximum benefit at minimum cost:
- Choose the right product for the job and seek advice if required.
- Anticipate the problem rather than reacting to it.
- Expose all of the pests to the control measure at the same time and remove all other food options if possible.
- Follow label directions. This will improve results and minimise the risk to non-target animals.
- Replenish Contrac Blox Rat Bait when they are consumed by pests and offer a generous amount of Contrac Blox Rat Bait.
- Manage pest immigration by establishing and maintaining control buffer zones.
- Also use rat bait stations to ensure Contrac Blox Rat Bait remains fresh and dry plus prevents access by non target species.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the difference between Contrac (Green Blocks) and Ditrac (Red Blocks)?
These two baits / poisons are made by the same company but feature two different active constituents. Contrac contains Bromadiolone and Ditrac contains Brodifacoum. As a result, Ditrac is approximately 4 times stronger than Contrac. Contrac blocks are also slightly bigger and denser than Ditrac, so as a result you will get more blocks / kg with Ditrac.
Why would I choose one or the other? What is the best bait for me?
There are several reasons why you would choose either Contrac or Ditrac bait. Firstly due to Contrac being less toxic than Ditrac this makes it safer for use around non-target animals that could potentially consume the bait directly (primary poisoning) or consume rats and mice that have consumed the bait (secondary poisoning). Ditrac on the other hand, being 4 times stronger than Contrac, would be the recommended poison of choice where there is little or no risk of poisoning other non-target animals. Ditrac is also recommended where a fast ‘clean-out’ of persistent problems is required.
What is Bromadiolone?
Bromadiolone is a potent rodenticide. It is a second-generation 4-hydroxycoumarin derivative, often called a "super-warfarin" for its added potency and tendency to accumulate in the liver of the poisoned organism. When first introduced to the UK market in 1980, it was effective against the populations that had become resistant to the first generation anticoagulants.
The product may be used both indoors and outdoors for rats and mice.
Bromadiolone can be absorbed through the digestive tract, through the lungs, or through skin contact. The pesticide is generally given orally. The substance is a vitamin K antagonist. The lack of vitamin K in the circulatory system reduces blood clotting and will cause death in large dosages due to internal hemorrhaging.
Pickups are available with prior arrangements only, please contact us before you come to the warehouse for pick up.
For residential deliveries we request an authority to leave goods in a safe place if customers aren't at home, so a re-delivery fee isn't incurred. To avoid any issues with delivery it is advised to specify a business address.
|ORDER VALUE||FREIGHT COST - AU||FREIGHT COST - NZ|
|$1 - $150||$14.95||$15.95* (up to 2kg only)|
|>$150||FREE SHIPPING*||**Contact us for pricing**|
*Some POSTCODES in TAS, WA, NT, SA may incur additonal Freight costs.
- Dispatch of goods is arranged through GO Warehouse
- Bulk items or Delivery to remote parts of Australia (TAS, WA, NT, SA) may incur additional delivery cost
- Shipping to NZ can be made for up to 2 kg at a flat rate. More than 2kg we will quote the freight for each order.
- Contact us prior for shipment of chemicals and goods classified as Dangerous - which may require special delivery arrangement & additional postage
- Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery, although in most cases delivery is within 1-3 days.
- No weekend or after hours delivery available unless requested.
- GO Warehouse is not directly liable for any loss, theft, or damage to any goods during the transit.
- Replacements or repairs of items are sent by prepaid postage.
- If problems do arise, please contact us, and we will endeavour to resolve any issues.
- Large parcels won't be processed to delivery in PO BOX address
- All parcels with be delivered with standard Road freight and authority to leave at premises unless otherwise specified.
Shipping & Delivery
- Please see the above for shipping costs or contact us for further quote.
- PICK-UPS ARE AVAILABLE with prior arrangements only! Please contact us before you come to warehouse pick up.
- Item will not ship until payment has been received in full.