Dimensions: 1050mm x 450mm x 370mm
Our Dog Trap is a large, collapsible, live-capture trap used for small wild dogs. Cage trapping offers government agencies, NGO’s and landholders an excellent Integrated Pest Management (IPM) alternative to shooting and poisoning, which is especially useful in suburban and regional townships.
Wild dogs are a 'declared pest animal' under the Local Land Services Act 2013 and are defined as: 'any dog, including a dingo, that is, or has become wild, but excludes any dog kept in accordance with the Companion Animals Act 1998, the Exhibited Animals Protection Act 1986, or the Animal Research Act 1985 or any legislation made in replacement of any of those Acts'.
The primary goal of wild dog control is to reduce livestock losses. Wild dogs may have large home ranges that include a number of land holdings. Therefore it is important for land managers to approach wild dog problems as a group. A general aim of reducing wild dog numbers might not reduce their impact because a few individual dogs may be causing most of the damage.
The aim of wild dog control should be to minimise the likelihood of wild dogs interacting with domestic livestock.
Wild dogs often use well known paths to travel around their territory so the best place to set a trap is either on or near a regular dog path. Wild dogs scent mark these paths with urine, so trappers may use trained dogs to identify fresh wild dog sign and place their traps. Wild dogs may be attracted to the trap location by using a lure. Research has shown that the most attractive lures for wild dogs contain dog urine. Manufactured lures, including FeralMone™ SFE have been developed to attract wild dogs and foxes.
Setting traps around old animal carcases or with food lures is not recommended because it tends to attract other nontarget species such as quolls, goannas or birds.
Traps should be visited at least once each day. It is preferable to set traps at the end of each day and check them in the morning.
Pickups are available with prior arrangements only, please contact us before you come to the warehouse for pick up.
For residential deliveries we request an authority to leave goods in a safe place if customers aren't at home, so a re-delivery fee isn't incurred. To avoid any issues with delivery it is advised to specify a business address.
|ORDER VALUE||FREIGHT COST - AU||FREIGHT COST - NZ|
|$1 - $150||$14.95||$15.95* (up to 2kg only)|
|>$150||FREE SHIPPING*||**Contact us for pricing**|
*Some POSTCODES in TAS, WA, NT, SA may incur additonal Freight costs.
- Dispatch of goods is arranged through GO Warehouse
- Bulk items or Delivery to remote parts of Australia (TAS, WA, NT, SA) may incur additional delivery cost
- Shipping to NZ can be made for up to 2 kg at a flat rate. More than 2kg we will quote the freight for each order.
- Contact us prior for shipment of chemicals and goods classified as Dangerous - which may require special delivery arrangement & additional postage
- Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery, although in most cases delivery is within 1-3 days.
- No weekend or after hours delivery available unless requested.
- GO Warehouse is not directly liable for any loss, theft, or damage to any goods during the transit.
- Replacements or repairs of items are sent by prepaid postage.
- If problems do arise, please contact us, and we will endeavour to resolve any issues.
- Large parcels won't be processed to delivery in PO BOX address
- All parcels with be delivered with standard Road freight and authority to leave at premises unless otherwise specified.
Shipping & Delivery
- Please see the above for shipping costs or contact us for further quote.
- PICK-UPS ARE AVAILABLE with prior arrangements only! Please contact us before you come to warehouse pick up.
- Item will not ship until payment has been received in full.