This foldable bird trap is new to our range and the collapsible design allows for easy storage and transportation. Our new Pigeon Trap is a humane method of bird trapping control method. Effective and humane Pigeon Trap to remove unwanted birds.
The trap is made of welded mesh and metal galvanized base.
- Size Set UP: 97cm x 62cm x 31cm
- Size Unfolded: 97cm x 62cm x 4cm
- Weighs – 7kg.
- 2 one way entries for the birds to get in, but not get out.
- Approximately 10 bird capacity.
- Galvanised mesh
- Easy removal of captured birds
Pigeon Traps are a most for many people and businesses looking for a solution. The feral pigeon (a rat with wings as commonly described in Australia) is a descendant of the domestic homing pigeons introduced to Australia from European settlers.
Feral pigeon numbers have increased and dominate the Australian urban landscape, agriculture and country towns due to the availability of:
- fresh water
- breeding sites that are secured
Pigeon control needs to be taken seriously to help rectify the feral pigeon problem before the problem gets out of control in Australia. Easy Pest Supplies recommends a variety humane bird control products for pigeons; including bird spikes and ultrasonic bird deterrents.
- They have a lifespan of 3 to 4 years in the wild and up to 16 years in captivity.
- Pigeons are monogamous.
- Eggs are white in colour and will hatch in 20 days.
- The young will leave the nest within 35 days.
- Pigeons don’t fly far from the place of birth.
Problems & Health Risks Associated with Pigeons
- attracting ticks, cockroaches and rats
- building damage.
- monuments can get discoloured due to the corrosive nature of pigeon droppings.
- pigeon nesting can create gutters to clog, blockage to drains and potential fire risks.
- basic hygiene from pigeon dropping.
- increased risk for domestic and seabird populations through parasite transmission.
- cleaning costs and possible public liability due to increased slipping due to pigeon droppings.
- Outside areas and indoor areas of warehouses
- airport hangers
- private dwellings
HOW TO SET UP YOUR PIGEON TRAP
- Remove the wrapping.
- Hold the trap from the top.
- The sides will fall into place.
- Set the trap on top of the galvanised metal base
- With the cable ties provided; secure the sides of the trap to the galvanised metal base.
For effective pigeon control and trapping, we recommend that you, pre-bait the area where feral pigeon trap is to be placed for several days before the trap is set. In Australia, we have found corn or dried bread should be used for bait. After the pigeons become familiar with the feeding location, place the pigeon trap there.
Bait the pigeon trap with a trail of grain on the outside of the trap and leading into the entrance door. Tie the one-way doors up with string and out of the way for a few days so that the pigeons get used to the bird trap. You are legally obliged to check your trap daily. Food, water and shelter from weather conditions should also be considered for all trapped birds. Any trapped pigeons should be humanely dispatched. Freeing the birds in an alternative spot is not effective. Pigeons have a very strong homing instinct and they will return to their roosting site even from hundreds of miles.
You can only expect to effectively trap birds for a limited time. Pigeons are very intelligent and will soon recognise that the pigeon cage is a trap.
Pickups are available with prior arrangements only, please contact us before you come to the warehouse for pick up.
For residential deliveries we request an authority to leave goods in a safe place if customers aren't at home, so a re-delivery fee isn't incurred. To avoid any issues with delivery it is advised to specify a business address.
|ORDER VALUE||FREIGHT COST - AU||FREIGHT COST - NZ|
|$1 - $150||$14.95||$15.95* (up to 2kg only)|
|>$150||FREE SHIPPING*||**Contact us for pricing**|
*Some POSTCODES in TAS, WA, NT, SA may incur additonal Freight costs.
- Dispatch of goods is arranged through GO Warehouse
- Bulk items or Delivery to remote parts of Australia (TAS, WA, NT, SA) may incur additional delivery cost
- Shipping to NZ can be made for up to 2 kg at a flat rate. More than 2kg we will quote the freight for each order.
- Contact us prior for shipment of chemicals and goods classified as Dangerous - which may require special delivery arrangement & additional postage
- Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery, although in most cases delivery is within 1-3 days.
- No weekend or after hours delivery available unless requested.
- GO Warehouse is not directly liable for any loss, theft, or damage to any goods during the transit.
- Replacements or repairs of items are sent by prepaid postage.
- If problems do arise, please contact us, and we will endeavour to resolve any issues.
- Large parcels won't be processed to delivery in PO BOX address
- All parcels with be delivered with standard Road freight and authority to leave at premises unless otherwise specified.
Shipping & Delivery
- Please see the above for shipping costs or contact us for further quote.
- PICK-UPS ARE AVAILABLE with prior arrangements only! Please contact us before you come to warehouse pick up.
- Item will not ship until payment has been received in full.