Allows the flow of WATER & DEBRIS while blocking GASES, ODORS & PESTS.
GREEN DRAIN is the unique new standard for floor drain trap seals. Self-cleaning – water free – protecting against odor, gases and bugs!
A product designed to solve problems of odor, pests and sewage buildup often seen in other commercial and industrial floor drains. Our product’s design is based off of our extremely effective and popular urinal cartridge technology, which has been tweaked to fit a much wider variety of applications. This simple, effective floor drain solution has already earned the regard of plumbers across the nation. Traditional floor drain technology poses a variety of problems in terms of maintenance and safety. The Green Drain™ solves these major problems in a big way.
Plumbing systems, along with open and exposed drains are potential sources for contamination that provide a hospitable habitat for waterborne pathogens, especially for Legionella.
The Green Drain™ reduces exposure to hazardous sewer gases and disease causing pathogens that harbor within drain lines and plumbing systems. It is the ecofriendly, preventative solution that will lead to improved outcomes for worker & patient health, while exceeding the lifespan of traditional chemical applicants that harm the environment.
The threat of disease carrying pests that hide in your drains. (I.e. Drain Flies, Cockroach’s, Fruit Flies, Silver Fish)
The need to pour pesticides, chemical applicants and deodorizers down the drain.
Conserves Water and Water Related Expenses
Eliminating the need for Continuous trap primers, but not to be used in lieu of, per UPC requirements within The US.
Dramatically decreasing evaporation within Traps.
The risk of harmful sewer gasses intruding your facility through drain lines.
Costly chemical expenditures.
Plumbing related call‐outs.
Exterminator related call‐outs and call‐backs.
Timely drain maintenance by Facility Staff and Plumbers.
The chemical impact on our oceans and environment.
- Easy to install & easy to remove. No pliers needed
- Requires no caulk or expensive installation tool
- Saves a significant amount of time, water, costs & energy
- The 3½” fits in the barrel of most commercial cast iron drains for an easy retrofit into existing drains
Series inline floor drain trap seal with UV resistant ABS plastic frame, silicone rubber sealing flapper and four flexible sealing ribs. Tested and certified to the ASSE 1072 Standard and listed with IAPMO and I.C.C. Specify connection size (2″ (51MM), 3″ (76mm), 3 1/2″ (89mm) or 4″ (102mm))
Used in the outlet connections of floor drain bodies, or the inside of floor drain strainers to seal the opening to prevent odors, sewer gases, and insects from entering up through the floor drain grate. The Green Drain’s four flexible silicone sealing ribs ensure easy installation into openings that have variations in size. The Green Drain will open to allow drainage and close when there is no water flow. The Green Drain can be used in either new construction or retro-fit applications where trap primers were never installed.
Prevents the following from entering through the top of floor drains:
- Odors and sewer/radon gases
- Insects and harmful pathogen spread
|Model Number||PIPE SIZE INCH (mm)||Height INCH (mm)||GPM||L/M|
|GD2||2" (51mm)||2" (51mm)||12.0||45.4|
|GD3||3" (76mm)||2" (51mm)||34.0||128.7|
|GD35||3 1/2" (89mm)||2" (51mm)||51.0||193.0|
|GD4||4" (102mm)||2" (51mm)||73.0||276.3|
DRAIN FLY INFILTRATION
Drain flies appear in homes, rest rooms of commercial buildings, sewage disposal plants and agricultural facilities that handle moist animal waste. Restaurants, schools and other public buildings may be avoided when drain flies are a nuisance. Bronchial asthma can be caused by inhaling fragments and dust of dead flies. Since these flies originate in filthy conditions, there is the possibility of physical transmission of microbes of human health concern. Drain flies can carry bacteria and other microorganisms from egg-laying sites to food and surfaces that come in contact with food.
The Green Drain can help to prevent drain fly infiltration and potentially fatal cross contamination and infection spread caused by unprotected drains. The Green Drain is an economical Drain Trap Seal Device that allows water to flow down the drain while preventing Pests, Odors, and Harmful Gases/Pathogens from infiltrating the living or work space.
Drain fly larvae grow and feed in polluted, shallow water or in highly moist organic solids prevalent in drains. The life cycle of drain flies can be completed in one to three weeks. Adults live about two weeks, with old ones dying and new ones emerging.
The most effective way to prevent drain fly infestations is to eliminate their breeding places. Inside buildings, this would include cleaning the drain pipes, drain traps and other plumbing system components in an attempt to eliminate the bacterial scum (gelatinous rotting, organic matter) that regularly forms on the surfaces of plumbing.
There are no insecticides registered for use in drains or sewage systems, as they can cause major damage of sewer and sanitation systems. In most cases, the larvae seem to be resistant to such treatments.
1) Remove the grate or strainer.
2) Match the opening size (2”, 3”, 3.5”, or 4”) with the product size.
3) Place the appropriate size Green Drain into the floor drain body outlet connection, or the throat of the strainer. The four flexible silicone sealing ribs ensure easy installation into openings that have variations in size.
4) Recess The Green Drain into the pipe for maximum flow of liquids, and Replace the grate.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Green Drain TM?
The GREEN DRAIN™ is an environmentally friendly water free trap seal, which can be installed in basically all floor drains without the use of tools.
Why is GREEN DRAINTM self-cleaning?
GREEN DRAIN™ lets water rinse the membrane and has no “labyrinth” opposite to normal trap seals that collects dirt, hair and grease.
Where can I install GREEN DRAINTM ?
GREEN DRAIN™ can be installed in almost all types of floor drains. In new buildings as well as older buildings. Private houses as well as industrial use with only small limitation. Examples of common places:
- Office Buildings
- Public Buildings
Which sizes do GREEN DRAINTM come in?
GREEN DRAIN™ come in 4 different sizes which each are flexible and cover different measures as shown below. GREEN DRAIN™ fits in almost all floor drains with diameters according to following intervals:
- GD2 50-58 mm
- GD3 75-85 mm
- GD35 89-100 mm
- GD4 102-110 mm
Is GREEN DRAINTM approved and tested by accredited institutions?
GREEN DRAIN™ has been approved or tested by following institutions – among others:
- Technological Institute – DS/EN 1253-1
- ETA Denmark – VA approval
- ICC IPC – via ASSE Standard 1072
Is GREEN DRAINTM easy to install?
GREEN DRAIN™ can be installed without the use of tools after the grating has been removed. Just push the GREEN DRAIN™ into the pipe and make sure it fits.
How does GREEN DRAINTM work?
GREEN DRAIN™ has a flexible silicone membrane which lets the water run freely through and instantly hereafter closes and seals as soon as water stops flowing.
Why choose GREEN DRAINTM ?
GREEN DRAIN™ seals 100% and closes for odours and prevents pests and harmful gases from entering the building.
Does GREEN DRAINTM replace a traditional water trap seal?
GREEN DRAIN™ replaces a traditional trap seal contributing numerous advantages:
- Improves indoor air quality due to no sewer smell and gases
- Prevents waste water penetration
- Office buildings
- Self-cleaning and does not block the water flow
- No dry water seals and resists vacuum in the drainage system
Can GREEN DRAINTM be installed horizontally and vertically?
GREEN DRAIN™ contains no water and functions perfectly both horizontally and vertically.
Which materials used to produce GREEN DRAINTM?
GREEN DRAIN™ water-free membrane drain trap seal consists of a UV resistant ABS plastic frame, a silicone rubber sealant and four flexible sealing flanges for easy installation and perfect fit.
Can I install a GREEN DRAINTM if I have P-trap in the ground?
GREEN DRAIN™ is NOT a traditional water trap and the fact that it does not contain water it is still possible to install in combination with a P-trap.
Pickups are available with prior arrangements only, please contact us before you come to the warehouse for pick up.
For residential deliveries we request an authority to leave goods in a safe place if customers aren't at home, so a re-delivery fee isn't incurred. To avoid any issues with delivery it is advised to specify a business address.
|ORDER VALUE||FREIGHT COST - AU||FREIGHT COST - NZ|
|$1 - $150||$14.95||$15.95* (up to 2kg only)|
|>$150||FREE SHIPPING*||**Contact us for pricing**|
*Some POSTCODES in TAS, WA, NT, SA may incur additonal Freight costs.
- Dispatch of goods is arranged through GO Warehouse
- Bulk items or Delivery to remote parts of Australia (TAS, WA, NT, SA) may incur additional delivery cost
- Shipping to NZ can be made for up to 2 kg at a flat rate. More than 2kg we will quote the freight for each order.
- Contact us prior for shipment of chemicals and goods classified as Dangerous - which may require special delivery arrangement & additional postage
- Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery, although in most cases delivery is within 1-3 days.
- No weekend or after hours delivery available unless requested.
- GO Warehouse is not directly liable for any loss, theft, or damage to any goods during the transit.
- Replacements or repairs of items are sent by prepaid postage.
- If problems do arise, please contact us, and we will endeavour to resolve any issues.
- Large parcels won't be processed to delivery in PO BOX address
- All parcels with be delivered with standard Road freight and authority to leave at premises unless otherwise specified.
Shipping & Delivery
- Please see the above for shipping costs or contact us for further quote.
- PICK-UPS ARE AVAILABLE with prior arrangements only! Please contact us before you come to warehouse pick up.
- Item will not ship until payment has been received in full.