4 – Ways of Capturing Mosquitoes
- A Blue warm light attracts insects
- The trap is coated with TIO2 titanium dioxide – CO2 attracts insects
- Water tray – replicates a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- A strong fan sucks the insects into a dry storage chamber, where they can’t escape.
Designed for Australian Conditions
Protects up to ½ Acre.
Australia’s Strongest Mosquito Killer Trap!
This is the best mosquito killer trap for Australian conditions that combines 4-way protection to maximize the mosquito capturing ability.
Take a stand against flying insects with our brand new Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap. Comes complete with a stand and the additional pulling power of water to achieve backyard insect control. The unit and stand equate to 1.1 metres in height and the trap draws 15W of electricity. (Less than most lightbulbs)
We all appreciate the dangers of mosquitoes in Australia, however, now we have a product that can take an extra step to assist with the fight. Our newly introduced Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap is exactly that. This trap has 4-way protection and that is why this trap is fastly becoming our most popular:
- A UF fluorescent bulb generates a warm light which attracts flying insects towards the mosquito trap.
- Our second advantage is our strongly coated surface that produces Tio2 titanium dioxide. This process produces small quantities of CO2, the same gas we exhale that attracts the female mosquito, the one that bites us.
- This is our only trap that users a water tray around the trap, this attracts mosquitoes for laying eggs.
- Finally our powerful, yet whisper-quiet vacuum fan that collects all the insects and retains them in the holding chamber, where they dehydrate and die.
Our Home Mosquito Killer Trap attracts and kills flying insects such as:
- Biting Flies
- Asian Beetles
Mosquito Eater Benefits:
- Protects up to ½ Acre.
- Durable, all-weather construction.
- Pesticide and odour-free.
- Whisper-quiet operation.
- No zapping or buzzing.
- 1.1 metres high when the mosquito trap is on the stand.
- Electrically tested and approved for Australian and NZ standards.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW IS THIS MOSQUITO TRAP TRAP DIFFERENT THAN OTHER PRODUCTS ON THE MARKET?
The Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap does not utilize any chemicals — so it can safely be used both indoors and outdoors. It does not use electricity to kill insects, so you will not have any loud zapping noises, burning odors, or insect fragments scattered on the floor or ground. It does not use propane to create carbon dioxide so you do not need to purchase and re-fill propane tanks. Just plug it in and turn it on, let it run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
IS THE MOSQUITO EATER NOISY?
No! The only moving part is the vacuum fan, which produces a low hum similar to a computer fan.
HOW SOON SHOULD MY MOSQUITO EATER BEGIN TO CONTROL MOSQUITOES AND OTHER FLYING INSECTS?
The trap will begin to catch mosquitoes and other flying insects immediately. It will gradually reduce your mosquito population and within 6 weeks you will have successfully broken the mosquito’s lifecycle.
CAN I USE MY MOAQUITO EATER OUTSIDE?
Yes it is classified as “indoor/outdoor” traps are constructed of durable, all-weather materials. They can be used outdoors year ‘round
WHAT ATTRACTS MOSQUITOES?
Carbon dioxide, the gas you emit when you exhale, is the most universally recognized mosquito attractant and draws mosquitoes from up to 200 feet away. Other attractants include body odors (sweat, lactic acid, etc.) and heat. The Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap mimics these conditions through the creation of carbon dioxide and the light and heat given off by the UV Bulb.
WILL IT HARM MY FAMILY OR MY PETS?
The Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap does not use, or emit any chemicals or pesticides so it is completely safe around your pets and your family.
DOES IT ATTRACT OTHER INSECTS BESIDES MOSQUITOES?
The Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap attracts and kills many flying insects including mosquitoes, biting flies, Asian beetles, no see-ums, wasps, hornets, moths, stink bugs, and more.
DOES MY DYNATRAP ATTRACT BUTTERFLIES AND HONEYBEES/BUMBLEBEES?
No, butterflies, honeybees, and bumblebees will not be attracted to Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap because they are not attracted to CO2. However, it will attract and trap yellow jackets, hornets, and wasps.
HOW LONG WILL THE INSECTS STAY ALIVE IN THE RETAINING CAGE?
Once insects are trapped in the retaining cage, they may stay alive for 12-24 hours (depending on the insect), before they die from dehydration.
HOW DO I INSTALL MY MOSQUITO EATER?
Installation of the unit is not required. Just plug it in and turn it on!
WHERE SHOULD I PLACE MY MOSQUITO EATER?
The Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap can be placed anywhere. Just remember that flying insects will be attracted to the unit so you may want to place it 20-40 feet away from your outdoor living area. For best results, place it away from other competing light sources such as spot or porch lights.
SHOULD I LEAVE THE MOSQUITO EATER PLUGGED IN ALL OF THE TIME?
Yes. The Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap should be left on 24 hours a day, seven days a week (except when cleaning) during the insect and mosquito season. In some areas of the world this might be several months during the summer, in other areas, it may be year-around. Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap reaches maximum effectiveness in 6-8 weeks, but please continue running Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap 24/7 after this period for the duration of the insect and mosquito season.
WHEN SHOULD I START USING MY MOSQUITO EATER?
We recommend setting your DynaTrap out as soon as the weather warms up.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO EMPTY THE RETAINING CAGE?
This depends on the time of year and where you live. In general, you may need to empty the retaining cage every 1-3 weeks. More frequent cleaning will prolong the life of the unit and provide a more efficient trapping operation.
HOW DO I CLEAN/EMPTY THE MOSQUITO EATER?
To empty your Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap, simply remove the retaining cage and dump the contents into the garbage. Refer to your for specific instructions on cleaning your Mosquito Eater Mozzie Trap.
I HAVE NOTICED A LOT OF BUILDUP FROM MY CATCH. HOW CAN I DEEP CLEAN MY RETAINING CAGE AND FAN?
The retaining cage can be soaked in regular dish soap and water. As for the fan blades, the provided cleaning brush, a wet wash cloth, or a Clorox cleaning wipe are recommended in order to dust off debris. For convenience and to prolong the life of the unit, you should clean the trap whenever you empty it.
Pickups are available with prior arrangements only, please contact us before you come to the warehouse for pick up.
For residential deliveries we request an authority to leave goods in a safe place if customers aren't at home, so a re-delivery fee isn't incurred. To avoid any issues with delivery it is advised to specify a business address.
|ORDER VALUE||FREIGHT COST - AU||FREIGHT COST - NZ|
|$1 - $150||$14.95||$15.95* (up to 2kg only)|
|>$150||FREE SHIPPING*||**Contact us for pricing**|
*Some POSTCODES in TAS, WA, NT, SA may incur additonal Freight costs.
- Dispatch of goods is arranged through GO Warehouse
- Bulk items or Delivery to remote parts of Australia (TAS, WA, NT, SA) may incur additional delivery cost
- Shipping to NZ can be made for up to 2 kg at a flat rate. More than 2kg we will quote the freight for each order.
- Contact us prior for shipment of chemicals and goods classified as Dangerous - which may require special delivery arrangement & additional postage
- Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery, although in most cases delivery is within 1-3 days.
- No weekend or after hours delivery available unless requested.
- GO Warehouse is not directly liable for any loss, theft, or damage to any goods during the transit.
- Replacements or repairs of items are sent by prepaid postage.
- If problems do arise, please contact us, and we will endeavour to resolve any issues.
- Large parcels won't be processed to delivery in PO BOX address
- All parcels with be delivered with standard Road freight and authority to leave at premises unless otherwise specified.
Shipping & Delivery
- Please see the above for shipping costs or contact us for further quote.
- PICK-UPS ARE AVAILABLE with prior arrangements only! Please contact us before you come to warehouse pick up.
- Item will not ship until payment has been received in full.