15 Watt / 30m2
The Nectar Fruit Fly Trap uses UV light, removable trays which can be filled with liquid attractant, and melon scented glueboards to attract fruit flies, vinegar flies, bar flies and other flying insects to the unit. It then uses a glueboard to catch them. As the fruit fly is caught and retained whole, these units are is ideal for more sensitive environments. This unit is ideal for use in commercial front of house areas, commercial kitchens, cafe and restaurant dining areas, bar areas and industrial food preparation zones.
The Nectar Fruit Fly Trap utilises ultraviolet tubes to attract fruit flies, vinegar flies, bar flies and other flying insects into the unit, before trapping them on a sticky glueboard. UV tubes attract flying insects by emitting a wavelength of light attractive to flies. Flying insects are attracted to the tube which emits UV at a level comparable to that of the sun, which the flying insect has a natural attraction to as a source of heat.
These units also utilises melon scented glue boards and removable trays that can be filled with a liquid attractant. Suitable attractants include vinegar, beer, wine, fruit juices or cider.
The Nectar Fruit Fly Trap is designed for 'in-counter' or wall mounting in front of house areas. The unit discreetly traps fruit flies in areas which are highly visible to customers. As a result the Nectar Fruit Fly Trap is ideal for use in restaurants, cafes, hotel lobbies, bars, pubs, fruit shops, reception areas, food service and dining areas. A discreet and effective solution to unsightly fruit flies.
The Nectar Fruit Fly Trap is designed to specifically offer protection against fruit flies, vinegar flies, bar flies, ferment flies, blow flies and other flying insects in confectionary, meat and deli counters, salad bars and fresh produce counters, keeping food display units free from unhygienic pests.
The choice of mounting options and the light directional shield allows the Nectar Fruit Fly Trap to be discreetly located within the counter, keeping insects out of the direct sight of the customer, whilst the patented Synergetic® light and additional melon scented attractant ensures that flying insects entering the cabinet are quickly lured away from food.
The Nectar Fruit Fly Trap is designed for use with genuine GLUPAC® attractant impregnated glueboards, which incorporate UV stable glue for longer life and an increased catch, whilst also being quick and easy to change.
Choice of mounting options - Simple in counter or wall mounting options
High efficacy shatterproof Synergetic® UV tube - Patented technology with dual wavelength output for an increased catch
Large glue area - Two attractant impregnated glueboards positioned close to UV tube for increased catch
Simple to service - Two easy to change common glueboards, with grids for simple insect analysis
Two unique integrated liquid attractant trays - Removable trays, appropriate for liquid insect attractant
Unique, swing down UV light shield - Variable shield keeps insects hidden from customer sight and changes thedirection of the direct light where required
Stylish profile design to fit in counter - Contemporary design includes removable clips for in-counter advertising
Robust construction - Stainless steel and UV stable polycarbonate construction
Independent certification - Independently tested and certified to RoHS and all relevant European Standards
Complete peace of mind - Two year guarantee (excluding tube and starter)
Dimensions - 505 (H) x 120 (W) x 100 (D)
In Counter Coverage - Full counter unit
Wall Mounted - 30m2
Tubes - 1 x 15 watt
Weight - 1.9kg
This unit plugs into a standard 240V Australian power point.
TIPS FOR PLACEMENT & INSTALLATION
Placement of the Nectar is an area that is frequently misunderstood and there are a few simple points to observe.
- Firstly the height at which unit is to be installed is important in terms of efficiency. As a general rule the higher up they are the less effective. In a working environment the ideal height would be between two and two and a half metres from the ground. At this height the risk of the unit being damaged by moving trolleys or forklift trucks is reduced whilst maintaining maximum efficiency. They will also be easier to clean and maintain.
- The ideal location is at right angles to the major light source in the room.
- These units must not be sited so that the light source is obscured (if flying insects cannot see it the unit will not be very effective).
- Site between potential entry points and production areas to intercept pests before they reach sensitive areas.
- Do not rely on area of coverage of a particular unit as the only criteria for choosing and installing a particular unit. There are several factors that need to be considered before deciding on the appropriate number and size of units to be installed. These would include the number of entry points including doors, windows and any other openings for instance for pipe work or extractor fans. What is the volume of human traffic through the area to be protected? What would be the normal flying insect population? What is being produced? And where is the facility located? If it is close by a lake or a rubbish tip then there will be a greater risk than if the facility is in the middle of an industrial estate.
- A Nectar should not be installed in areas where they can be affected by air currents. Avoid areas close to air conditioning vents or where draughts may be a problem. This is because flying insects on the whole do not like moving air and units placed in these areas may be less efficient.
- Flying killer units are often placed directly in front of doorways - the logic of the installer being that this is where the insects enter and so they will be more easily caught. In fact this will only encourage insects to enter and make the problem worse. It is better to install the units off to the side of doorways ensuring as much as possible that the light does not shine out of the open door.
- Never ever install a Nectar directly above a processing line or food preparation area. The Ultra Violet lamps are highly attractive to flying insects and will attract the insects to those areas. Better to install the unit away from sensitive areas to attract the insects and kill them away from the critical areas to be protected.
- Don’t forget to change the lamps every 12 months – preferably just before the start of the fly season.
Pickups are available with prior arrangements only, please contact us before you come to the warehouse for pick up.
For residential deliveries we request an authority to leave goods in a safe place if customers aren't at home, so a re-delivery fee isn't incurred. To avoid any issues with delivery it is advised to specify a business address.
|ORDER VALUE||FREIGHT COST - AU||FREIGHT COST - NZ|
|$1 - $150||$14.95||$15.95* (up to 2kg only)|
|>$150||FREE SHIPPING*||**Contact us for pricing**|
*Some POSTCODES in TAS, WA, NT, SA may incur additonal Freight costs.
- Dispatch of goods is arranged through GO Warehouse
- Bulk items or Delivery to remote parts of Australia (TAS, WA, NT, SA) may incur additional delivery cost
- Shipping to NZ can be made for up to 2 kg at a flat rate. More than 2kg we will quote the freight for each order.
- Contact us prior for shipment of chemicals and goods classified as Dangerous - which may require special delivery arrangement & additional postage
- Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery, although in most cases delivery is within 1-3 days.
- No weekend or after hours delivery available unless requested.
- GO Warehouse is not directly liable for any loss, theft, or damage to any goods during the transit.
- Replacements or repairs of items are sent by prepaid postage.
- If problems do arise, please contact us, and we will endeavour to resolve any issues.
- Large parcels won't be processed to delivery in PO BOX address
- All parcels with be delivered with standard Road freight and authority to leave at premises unless otherwise specified.
Shipping & Delivery
- Please see the above for shipping costs or contact us for further quote.
- PICK-UPS ARE AVAILABLE with prior arrangements only! Please contact us before you come to warehouse pick up.
- Item will not ship until payment has been received in full.