Protect-us Mineral Snail and Slug Killer is a unique product that is highly effective in the control of snails and slugs. Uniquely utilising elemental iron, Protect-us Mineral Snail and Slug Killer is a low-toxic alternative to metaldehyde and methiocarb baits that displays similar or better levels of control and protection.
It has been independently reviewed and approved as garden safe. In fact all the ingredients are currently used in either foods for human consumption, pharmaceuticals or cosmetics for human applications.
Elemental iron is an essential dietary nutrient. Any residues present on fruit or vegetables, or systemically available from skin contact, are indistinguishable from iron of environmental origin. When the bait is consumed by snails, the low pH in the snail's gut activates the product, forming an iron salt that causes the snails and slugs to stop feeding, protecting your plants and leading to the death of the molluscs.
Snails and slugs are so attracted to the Protect-us Mineral Snail and Slug Killer that it actually lures them out of their hiding places. Palatability of the bait is specifically targeted at Australian snail and slug species. Protect-us Mineral Snail and Slug Killer is the only Registered Allowed Input for snail and slugs when growing Organic and Biodynamic Produce.
- Low risk to people & pets and when applied according to the label and can be used in areas where there are dogs, cats, birds, possums and other fauna.
- Active ingredient iron is naturally present in the environment.
- Palatability targeted for Australian snail and slug species.
- Environment Friendly - Breaks down to natural nutrients for soils and plants.
- Snails and slugs are attracted to the Protect-us bait. In fact it actually lures them out of their hiding places.
- Pellets designed to ensure they are the right size and consistency for the mollusc’s radula (tongue) to scrape the surface and ingest the bait.
- Contains no GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms).
- Mould resistant.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Pickups are available with prior arrangements only, please contact us before you come to the warehouse for pick up.
For residential deliveries we request an authority to leave goods in a safe place if customers aren't at home, so a re-delivery fee isn't incurred. To avoid any issues with delivery it is advised to specify a business address.
|ORDER VALUE||FREIGHT COST - AU||FREIGHT COST - NZ|
|$1 - $150||$14.95||$15.95* (up to 2kg only)|
|>$150||FREE SHIPPING*||**Contact us for pricing**|
*Some POSTCODES in TAS, WA, NT, SA may incur additonal Freight costs.
- Dispatch of goods is arranged through GO Warehouse
- Bulk items or Delivery to remote parts of Australia (TAS, WA, NT, SA) may incur additional delivery cost
- Shipping to NZ can be made for up to 2 kg at a flat rate. More than 2kg we will quote the freight for each order.
- Contact us prior for shipment of chemicals and goods classified as Dangerous - which may require special delivery arrangement & additional postage
- Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery, although in most cases delivery is within 1-3 days.
- No weekend or after hours delivery available unless requested.
- GO Warehouse is not directly liable for any loss, theft, or damage to any goods during the transit.
- Replacements or repairs of items are sent by prepaid postage.
- If problems do arise, please contact us, and we will endeavour to resolve any issues.
- Large parcels won't be processed to delivery in PO BOX address
- All parcels with be delivered with standard Road freight and authority to leave at premises unless otherwise specified.
Shipping & Delivery
- Please see the above for shipping costs or contact us for further quote.
- PICK-UPS ARE AVAILABLE with prior arrangements only! Please contact us before you come to warehouse pick up.
- Item will not ship until payment has been received in full.