The Thermacell Mosquito Repeller Scout Camp Lantern effectively repels mosquitoes, black flies, and other biting insects by creating a 21m2 zone of protection for bug-free comfort. Its bright 220-lumen light runs for 10 hours on its highest setting and makes it a great addition to the serious camper’s gear. The unit will operate for up to 40 hours on it’s lowest (55 lumen) setting. Ideal for camping, fishing, 4WD and Caravans.
Convient and portable, take ThemaCELL anywhere to repell up to 98% of mosquitoes, sandflies and midges over a 21 metre square area. ThermaCELL is simple to operate, a single butane gas cartridge (included), heats an insect repelling mat which releases allethrin into the air.
ThermaCELL is safe to use, does not contain DEET, no open flames, no smelly lotions or oils- no mess.
Refills also sold seperately
Approved by APVMA
- Durable Rubber & ABS Construction
- Water Resistant
- 4 light settings and up to 10 hours of run time on high setting
- Removable base with hanging hook allows light to be used independently of repeller
- Includes: Thermacell Scout Camp Lantern, 3 x 4 hour repellent mats, 1 x 12 hour butane cartridge
- Light requires 4 AA-batteries (not included)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Where can I use Thermacell area repellent mosquito protection?
A: The product works well in outdoor areas such as decks, yards, and campsites. For best coverage place the unit close to the ground. This allows repellent to spread over a maximum area. The unit is most effective where the air is still.
Q: How do I know the Thermacell unit is working?
A: An orange light on the top of the device glows when the unit is on.
Q: How often do I have to change Thermacell bug repellent mats?
A: The Repellent Mat needs to be changed when it turns white. Each mat lasts up to 4 hours of continuous use.
Q: How often do I have to change Thermacell cartridges?
A: The Butane Cartridge will last up to 12 hours of continuous use.
Q: When I replaced the mat, I noticed the bottom of the old mat was a dark brown colour. Should I be concerned?
A: No, its normal for a spent mat to be dark brown underneath, white on top.
Q: Can I use Thermacell when it’s windy?
A: In breezy weather, place the unit upwind of your location so that the repellent is carried by the wind into the area you want to protect. The unit will be less effective in high wind or where the wind continually changes direction
Q: I started The Appliance, but the mosquitoes didn’t stay away. Why didn’t it work?
A: Make sure you start the device and place it outdoors in the area of your intended activity for at least 15 minutes. It needs some time to establish the area of protection.
A: Check to be sure that the pad has blue color left. If not, replace the pad with a fresh one. If the wind is blowing, place the unit so that the wind blows over it first, then the area you want to protect. That way, the wind will carry the repellent to where you want it.
A: The fuel supply may be empty. Look at the fuel gauge on the bottom-rear side of the unit. Replace cartridge if necessary. In the unlikely event the appliance still does not function correctly return it to the place of purchase.
Q: What other pests can Thermacell repel ?
A: Thermacell has been found to be affective against Sand flies / Midges. Other types of flies may be repelled however as there are many thousands of different species, Thermacell makes no express claim about its effectiveness against flies in general.
Q: Should I see smoke coming from the unit?
A: In normal operation, a small amount of smoke may be visible coming from the pad. This is caused by any dust or impurities that have settled on the pad,
Q: What are the limitations on Thermacell use?
A: Do not use in rain or wet weather. Effectiveness is diminished. Do not us at high altitude – 1372m above sea level. There is insufficient pressure in the butane cartridge to run. Do not use indoors.
Pickups are available with prior arrangements only, please contact us before you come to the warehouse for pick up.
For residential deliveries we request an authority to leave goods in a safe place if customers aren't at home, so a re-delivery fee isn't incurred. To avoid any issues with delivery it is advised to specify a business address.
|ORDER VALUE||FREIGHT COST - AU||FREIGHT COST - NZ|
|$1 - $150||$14.95||$15.95* (up to 2kg only)|
|>$150||FREE SHIPPING*||**Contact us for pricing**|
*Some POSTCODES in TAS, WA, NT, SA may incur additonal Freight costs.
- Dispatch of goods is arranged through GO Warehouse
- Bulk items or Delivery to remote parts of Australia (TAS, WA, NT, SA) may incur additional delivery cost
- Shipping to NZ can be made for up to 2 kg at a flat rate. More than 2kg we will quote the freight for each order.
- Contact us prior for shipment of chemicals and goods classified as Dangerous - which may require special delivery arrangement & additional postage
- Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery, although in most cases delivery is within 1-3 days.
- No weekend or after hours delivery available unless requested.
- GO Warehouse is not directly liable for any loss, theft, or damage to any goods during the transit.
- Replacements or repairs of items are sent by prepaid postage.
- If problems do arise, please contact us, and we will endeavour to resolve any issues.
- Large parcels won't be processed to delivery in PO BOX address
- All parcels with be delivered with standard Road freight and authority to leave at premises unless otherwise specified.
Shipping & Delivery
- Please see the above for shipping costs or contact us for further quote.
- PICK-UPS ARE AVAILABLE with prior arrangements only! Please contact us before you come to warehouse pick up.
- Item will not ship until payment has been received in full.